General Liability Insurance Florida
If you have a small business in Florida, or are you conducting business services in the sunshine state, then you are fully awayre that small businesses can at times be the target of court actions. The most effective way to ensure that you have protection against such likely detrimental court cases is to consider a Business General Liability Insurance in Florida.
Listed below is what you must be aware of:
Workers’s Compensation Insurance policy
In Florida, companies and commercial entities are not required by law to carry most forms of insurance coverage policies. Nonetheless, there are a number of kinds of insurance protection plans that are mandated. A simple example of one such case applies to any company with a labourforce of over 4 people where workers compensation coverage would definitely be a necessity. If your business deals with building and construction, the starting point regarding the number of staff members is even less than that, as just just one worker would be enough to make workers compensation insurance a must.
Commercial Automobile Insurance
Does your business use vehicles for the daily running of their tasks? Are vehicles utilized for professional purposes? Then you would require a Florida Commercial Automobile Insurance.
What does Florida Commercial General Liability Insurance Protect?
Liability insurance, a.k.a Commercial General Liability (CGL), covers four categories of events for which you might be held responsible:
- bodily injury
- damage to others’ property
- personal injury, including slander and libel; and false or misleading advertising.
CGL coverage takes care of the injured party’s health-related bills. However, it excludes your employees, who would be protected by workers’ compensation.
There are three kinds of legal and financial damages consumers could sue you for that are ordinarily covered by a CGL policy:
- Compensatory damages arising from an injury they claim in the lawsuit.
- Non-monetary losses suffered by the victim, such as affliction and suffering or psychological distress.
- Punitive damages|additional penalties and costs you will need to pay for.
What is not covered by Florida Commercial General Liability Insurance?
- Unfair discontinuation of workers
- Claims pertaining to operating a vehicle or van
- Professional Liability insurance